I am so honored to say that I am officially running the 2020 Boston Marathon! And I won't be doing it alone, but rather racing for and with Back on My Feet (BoMF): an organization that combats homelessness through the power of running, community support and essential employment and housing resources.
I'm running for Back on My Feet because I believe in revolutionizing the way society approaches homelessness through empowering individuals to achieve what once seemed impossible through the seemingly simple act of putting one foot in front of the other. I have been running with BOMF members and volunteers over the last few months (every Wednesday morning) and it has been a truly humbling and inspiring opportunity to help those who need it.
Please consider donating to this amazing cause. I appreciate all the love and support. Any donation (big or small) helps!
To give you an idea of the impact your donation could have:
- $30 could provide a member with spring running gear
- $50 could provide a member with winter running gear
- $100 could provide a member the ability to celebrate with BoMF family during the year
- $250 could provide a member race fees, incentives to reach certain mileage milestones
- $500 could provide a member with education and job assistance
- $1,000 could provide a member with housing for a whole year
Completed 13.1 in Texas! 1/2 way to the Boston Marathon Ya'll!
BOMF Members and Volunteers after morning workout on 2/14.
Picture from D's Key fundraiser. We had 45 people show up and raised just shy of $1,100 for BOMF.
14 degrees & still running!
Come for requests, libations and a silent auction. Tickets available at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/boston-marathon-fundraiser-at-ds-keys-tickets-85445448637
Spin for Back on My Feet at the Handle Bar in November. Thanks to all who came out!