Dear Friends and Family,
It's that time of year again when I get to raise money for my Back on My Feet family!
Back on My Feet is an organization that combats homelessness through community support, essential employment, housing resources, and the power of running! When I first joined Back on My Feet back in 2015, I was skeptical.... What does a running group really do to fight homelessness?... Is this just an opportunity for well off people to feel extra good about themselves while running in downtown Atlanta?
As I continued showing up weekly to run at 5:45 AM, I realized this running group is about building a new family and creating a new community of support that cares for each other and believes in each other's capacity to achieve personal goals (not necessarily related to running!) And from personal experience, the care and support is not just given to those experiencing homelessness, it is also given by them. I am so grateful for my Back on My Feet family. They have taught and supported me so much over the past 4 years. I love them so!
Please join me in supporting this organization that takes running and resources and uses it to build community and good futures.
To give you an idea of the impact your donation could have:
- $50 can provide winter running gear for a member
- $100 can purchase a public transportation card to ensure safe and reliable transportation to and from work.
- $250 can provide basic furnishings, such as a bed, for a new home.
- $500 can provide enrollment fees, materials, tools and books to go back to school to learn a trade or begin a professional career.
- $1000 provides a security deposit and first month’s rent to help a member secure a home.
- $2500 covers the cost of 25 members to go through our computer literacy or financial literacy program to ensure success after employment.
Our all-team circle up this morning at Centennial Olympic Park!